The mission of Executive Development Programmes (EDP) is to bridge the current workforce with the future manpower needs of Singapore companies and industries.
SCALE will work closely with the 16 schools of NUS, leveraging on their collective expertise and knowledge, to bring about practice-based education, applied research and innovative programmes, through the Executive Development Programmes.
Under SCALE's EDP, a wide range of public courses are available to help individuals develop occupational competencies, improve work effectiveness and productivity, and to apply innovation and creativity in problem solving.
Individuals can benefit from courses on leadership, business-technology innovation, service excellence, high demand technical skills, emerging and future skills. These courses will help them level-up their qualification, boost employability and advance their career development.
EDP engages with industry, companies and employers, in order to support their training requirements and demands. Customised courses are developed or adapted to specifically meet the needs of different organisations. These courses seek to help organisations add value to their existing workforce, enhance deployment and competitive advantage.
For enquries on Executive Development Programmes (EDP), please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EDP plays an active role in advising and helping the various schools of NUS to design, develop and execute Practice-Based Continuing Education and Training Programmes. It will also provide advisory services to develop e-Learning platforms and digital materials, and provide assistance on the conversion of course work and credits, towards earning an industry certification, WDA qualification or NUS accreditation.
Course Plan for 2017
Introduction of Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is a methodology widely used in industry to improve process and deliver better results. Most suited to the manufacturing and services sectors, Lean Six Sigma equips industry professionals with a comprehensive set of tools and strategies to improve performance, eliminate waste, enhance collaboration, to keep organisations operating efficiently and delivering satisfactory standards.
The Lean Six Sigma programmes, offered at NUS SCALE, are delivered through eLearning for Foundation programme and blended learning for Advanced programme. Blended learning combines the best of classroom instruction with online learning. Developed with BMGI, a leading Lean Six Sigma course provider, the Lean Six Sigma @ NUS SCALE certification meets the highest accreditation standards and is recognized by the International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC).
Lean Six Sigma Foundation (Yellow Belt)
The Lean Six Sigma Foundation programme introduces process improvement methodologies, which enhance day-to-day operational management and process control. Participants will acquire the skills for mapping processes and data collection, paving the way for effective project work and sustaining improved performance.
Lean Six Sigma Advanced (Green Belt)
Lean Six Sigma Advanced builds upon Lean Six Sigma Foundation, to further enhance participants’ competencies in project team leadership and problem-solving. Using the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) roadmap, participants are trained to collect and analyse performance data, identify inefficiencies and problems, and then to institute new protocols to improve processes.
Click here to register
Social Work Certificate Programme
In collaboration with NUS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), three courses are in the pipeline, to be offered over the next 12 months. These courses are targeted at social workers who require a variety of knowledge and skills at different stages of their career progression, to stay relevant and competent.
The Social Work Certificate Programme will also introduce different modalities:
- Teaching modes that incorporate online and blended learning; classroom, supervision, or mentoring-based methods for adult learners.
- Partnership models that involve working in-house, within an organisation; with external institutions (eg. University of Michigan); with other local agencies (eg. Student Care Services), or with another NUS unit (eg. Social Service Research Centre).
- Duration models that allow for short or long modules, with the versatility of being credited towards a degree.
Examples of courses that will come through the Social Work Certificate Programme using different modalities:
- A short module course of 35 hours, being developed with the University of Michigan, with the aim of deepening knowledge and skills in elderly care. It will be a blended certificate course that includes self-paced recorded lectures and podcasts, and local face-to-face seminars.
- A research mentorship program of 51 hours, jointly developed with the Social Service Research Centre (SSR) in FASS, to meet the application of research skills at different levels as Social Workers advance in their careers.
- A 70-hour certificate course in School Social Work, customised for local agencies to train social welfare officers to be deployed to Singapore schools. This certification will also be open to social workers and youth workers who are active in youth organisations, family service centres and other volunteer welfare organisations in Singapore.
Please click here for any enquiry on the Social Work Certificate Programme. The NUS Social Work Department will contact you accordingly.