AI AND IoT: NEW DISRUPTIVE SKILLS FOR YOUNG LEADERS
This programme introduces participants to the latest technologies in Internet-of-Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). At the completion of the course, students will have the knowledge on the fundamentals of AI and IoT systems, and the relationship between them. They will also acquire skills and handson experience in applying AI and ML on real-world data using IoT systems as an example application.
- Fully synchronous programme with a mix of thematic discussions and short practice sessions.
- The live sessions will cover technical material and hands-on work through plenary lectures and interactive breakout rooms.
- The programme is designed with Continuous Assessments format to sharpen the understanding and application of ideas learned during the lectures.
- Mini Project – There will be a mini group project in which students will solve and analyse a problem related to AI and IOT.
Please click here
to download the programme brochure.
There are no specific pre-requisites in terms of math or computational science. Some exposure to calculus, linear algebra, and statistics would be useful. Familiarity with scientific programming languages such as Python would be helpful. The class will incorporate practical assignments in Python.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Pre-university and high school students age 16 to 18 years old, who are looking to gain fundamental knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Internet-of-Things, and its business applications.
MODE OF DELIVERY
18 hours of online synchronous programme, including lectures and interactive tutorials.
- Monday, 20 June 2022, 10 AM– 1 PM (GMT+8): Welcome and Lecture 1
- Tuesday, 21 June 2022, 10 AM – 1 PM (GMT+8): Lecture 2
- Wednesday, 22 June 2022, 10 AM – 1 PM (GMT+8): Lecture 3
- Monday, 27 June 2022, 10 AM – 1 PM (GMT+8): Lecture 4
- Tuesday, 28 June 2022, 10 AM – 1 PM (GMT+8): Lecture 5
- Thursday, 30 June 2022, 10 AM – 1 PM (GMT+8): Lecture 6 and Closing
MODE OF ASSESSMENT
- Individual assignments and mini quizzes
- Team project
Dr Mehul Motani, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering
Prof Mehul Motani received the B.E. degree from Cooper Union, New York, NY, the M.S. degree from Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, and the Ph.D. degree from Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, all in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Prof Motani is currently an Associate Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and a Visiting Research Collaborator at Princeton University, USA. He is also a member of the NUS Institute for Data Science, the N.1 Institute for Health, and the NUS Smart Systems Institute. Previously, he was a Visiting Fellow at Princeton University. He was also a Research Scientist at the Institute for Infocomm Research in Singapore, for three years, and a Systems Engineer at Lockheed Martin in Syracuse, NY for over four years. His research interests include information theory and coding, machine learning, biomedical informatics, wireless and sensor networks, and the Internet-of-Things.
Prof Motani was the recipient of the Intel Foundation Fellowship for his Ph.D. research, the NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award, the NUS Faculty of Engineering Innovative Teaching Award, and the NUS Faculty of Engineering Teaching Honours List Award. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and has served as the Secretary of the IEEE Information Theory Society Board of Governors. He has served as an Associate Editor for both the IEEE Transactions on Information Theory and the IEEE Transactions on Communications. He has also served on the Organizing and Technical Program Committees of numerous IEEE and ACM conferences.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Successful participants who complete all requirements of the programme including passing the assessment will receive a certificate of completion issued by NUS SCALE.
A sample of the certificate of participation can be found here:
Participants from the project team with the highest score for the group project will also receive a commendation letter. A sample is shown below:
20 to 30 June 2022
S$ 1,284 (incl GST)
Please click here to access the applicant user guide and do contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions regarding this programme.