Career Conversion Programme (CCP) for Infocomm Professionals (5G)
This programme is designed to deepen the frontier 5G and related information and communications technology (ICT) skills of Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) as part of the nation’s 5G digital transformation journey.
With this CCP, your employees will be equipped with skills to perform diverse functions (ranging from 5G networking to solution engineering) through training to convert to the following roles (but not limited to):
- End-user roles (e.g. Pre-Sales Engineer & Digital Marketer)
- Support roles (e.g. 5G Application Project Engineer & 5G Application Solutions Architect)
- Deep Tech roles (e.g. 5G Core Engineer & 5G Automation & Orchestration Engineer)
NUS has been appointed by WSG to manage this CCP which operates under 3 modalities:
- New Hires: Companies will employ the trainees before commencing the CCP.
- Redeployment: Companies will convert existing employees into different roles within the same company.
- Job Redesign Reskilling (JRR): Companies will reskill employees whose jobs are redesigned as a result of technology and/or business transformation.
Interested employers will need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- Ensure that new hires and/or existing staff are not shareholders, related to the owner(s) and/or an immediate ex-staff of the CCP company or its related companies;
- For new hires: Offered full-time PMET positions with an employment contract of at least 1 year (on permanent or contract terms);
- Offer employment directly related to the job which the CCP is for, with remuneration that is aligned to the market rate;
- Commit to the CCP training arrangements, including structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) for the trainees;
- Committed to working with WSG and SP on the necessary administrative matters related to the CCP.
Employees (Company-sponsored trainees/individuals)
- Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR);
- Minimum 21 years old;
- Graduated or completed National Service (whichever is later) for at least 2 years at the point of application;
- Must not be a shareholder, related to the owner(s) and/or an immediate ex-staff of the CCP company or its related companies;
- Hired for not more than 3 months at the point of application (New hires) or served at least 1 year tenure with the employer to qualify for the Redeployment/JRR CCP (Existing employees);
- Not in the same or similar job function prior to joining the CCP;
- Subject to the employer's selection criteria based on job requirements and hiring processes (such as screening tests and interviews) may apply.
This CCP operates under 3 modalities:
(Job Redesign Reskilling [JRR])
Employees who are in full time employment with the company for ≤ 3 months
Employees who are in full time employment with the company for ≥ 1 year