This module is part of the NUS-SEED Institute Advanced Certificate in Centre Leadership and Management and has to be taken as part of the Advanced Certificate with the other modules.
For information on the module registration, please email Steven Loo
This course aims to inspire leaders to inspect their current ECCE environments to recognise the key trends and the influences of digitalisation in ECCE learning environments.
It equips participants with skills and knowledge to establish quality learning environments and align them to the centre’s philosophy, vision, mission and values; visualise and design the desired future-proof learning environment based on a value-centred approach; and carry out the role of the leader in spearheading change to create quality learning environments.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise and keep themselves abreast of current trends and digital influences; and
- Visualise and design their desired learning environment appropriate for their context, based on values-centric approach.
- Introduction to human-centric design
- Design thinking and user experience
- User research methods
- Introduction to Ethnography
- Learning journey mapping: touch points and pain points
- From opportunities to design concepts
- Value proposition, persona and use context
- Prototype: from low resolution to high resolution
- Storytelling in user experience testing
- Customer feedback strategy and analysis
- Introduction to text analytics and its applications
- Hands-on workshop
- Text mining
- Sentiment analysis
- Insights and takeaways
- Mini Team Project
- Define a Design Challenge of holistic learning experience
- Apply human-centric approach to collect relevant data
- Identify and prioritise innovation opportunities
- Discuss and generate design concepts
- Prototype and test your design with users
Orange (with Text Mining)
At least two years of working experience as a childcare teacher or manager. Proficient in Advanced Microsoft Excel; and WPLN level 5 in Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing and Numeracy.
Who Should Attend
Lead Teachers, Senior Lead Teachers, Centre Leaders, Senior Centre Leaders, Curriculum Quality Managers, Childcare Centre Entrepreneurs
Mode of Training
Dr. Guo Lei
Guo Lei is an active educator and researcher in data science, behavioural study and design thinking, with extensive experience in delivering practice-based learning programmes and applied research projects with successful results.
Starting her career in Singapore as a marketing practitioner, Dr Guo worked across manufacturing, entertainment and education industries. She was the Chief Representative in China for a Singapore listed company. She was also responsible for setting up Shanghai Office and promoting executive education programmes for NUS Business School in Greater China market.
With the aspiration of bridging the gap between research and practice, Dr Guo pursued her PhD in the UK, where she worked on large-scale research projects with Cambridge University Service Alliance, BAE Systems and China Mobile.
Dr Guo returned to Singapore and joined NUS as a faculty member in 2011. She has particular experience in tackling complex challenges through applied research and education. She was the Principal Investigator for a series of research projects to inform better public transport policy decisions. She consults local and overseas corporate clients on data analytics, user experience design and service innovation. Dr Guo teaches executive programmes of Data Analytics and Design Thinking at NUS. She has a passion for engaging and inspiring working professionals at all levels by applying the theory to real world business applications.
Dr Guo holds a PhD in Marketing from University of Exeter, an MBA from University of Adelaide and a BA in Literature from Beijing Normal University.