This module is part of the NUS-SEED Institute Advanced Certificate in Centre Leadership and Management
and has to be taken as part of the Advanced Certificate with the other modules.
For information on the module registration, please email Steven Loo.
With the changing early childhood landscape and the increasing importance of having effective centre leadership, centres will be better managed with strong role models with the ability to provide guidance to ECCE’s educators/staff during children’s crucial formative years of learning and development.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to lead their centre effectively amid the changing ECCE landscape. The participants will learn how to develop good workplace communication, strong engagement, build positive relationships and coach team members for better performance. The course will also provide the centre’s leaders with the knowledge and skills to lead change, based on the centre’s mission and vision in the new operating environment.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the opportunities and challenges in the changing ECCE landscape;
- Appreciate the importance of effective workplace communication, diversity and its impact on the business;
- Develop greater self-awareness for leadership effectiveness;
- Develop skills to coach team members for enhanced performance; and
- Acquire knowledge and skills to lead change for business success.
- Leadership challenges and opportunities in ECCE
- Leadership in the changing landscape
- Mindfulness Leadership
- Strengthening Self-Leadership
- Workplace Communication
- Leading Diversity Team
- Workplace Coaching
- Strengthening Coaching Skills
- Employee’s Motivation and Engagement
- Leading Change
At least two years of working experience as a childcare teacher or manager. Proficient in Advanced Microsoft Excel; and WPLN level 5 in Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing and Numeracy.
Who Should Attend
Lead Teachers, Senior Lead Teachers, Centre Leaders, Senior Centre Leaders, Curriculum Quality Managers, Childcare Centre Entrepreneurs
Mode Of Training