The course will equip participants with knowledge and skills on how to use information technology both in the workplace and at home safely and securely. Specifically, we will show how to establish a secure network connection and manage personal as well as corporate data appropriately.
After the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principle of information security such as confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Understand the implications of legal and regulation such as Singapore Computer Misuse Act.
- Protect ourselves from unauthorised computer and device access, unauthorised information gathering, and fraud.
- Identify social engineering techniques including phone calls, phishing, and shoulder surfing.
- Identify different methods of identity theft such as information diving, skimming, and pretexting.
- Protect files, folders, drives safely and securely using strong passwords and encryption.
- Identify different types of malwares including Trojans, rootkits, ransomware, and backdoors.
- Be able to understand common network, wireless security types and use firewalls and hotspots securely.
- Understand communication security issues that can arise from using e-mail, social networks, IoTs and mobile devices.
- Backup, restore, and dispose data securely and safely.
Familiar with Internet access.
Who Should Attend
Any employees who has access into corporate/company network.
Mode of Training