An organization is only as good as the people who work for it. This course will focus on how to measure and improve the Human capital of an organization. Specifically, it will focus on using analytic techniques to support
- Attracting and recruiting the best staff
- Retaining key people
- Determining how to improve people’s engagement with and commitment to the organization
Analytic techniques will be used to assess how people have actually performed in the organization and relate this to attributes that can be measured and in many cases controlled. This two-day course will introduce techniques that enable HR staff to understand company staff performance in the present and be able to predict their future performance.
By using a data-driven approach to staff recruitment and development, a HR manager will be able to leverage on previous experiences of the organisation to make the best decisions regarding the HR policies of the organisation.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand what are the important HR metrics
- Measure and improve your major HR activities (such as recruitment, personal development etc.)
- Optimise the use of your employee’s capabilities in achieving organisational goals
- Introduction to HR Analytics
- Data Pre-processing: Prepare a data table
- Exploratory Data Analytics: Data Visualizations and Storytelling
- Workshop 1: Exploratory Data Analytics
- Recruitment Analytics using Classification Modelling
- Workshop 2: Recruitment Analytics
- Employee Attrition Analysis
- Workshop 3: Employee Attrition Analysis
- Intro to Text Analytics and Sentiment Analysis
- Workshop 4: Employee Review Analysis
Experience with HR activities and have a basic understanding of data analytics techniques.
Who Should Attend
HR Analysts, Recruitment Managers, Training Managers
Mode of Training
On-campus or Online (Live)
Dr. Guo Lei
Guo Lei is an active educator and researcher in data science, behavioural study and design thinking, with extensive experience in delivering practice-based learning programmes and applied research projects with successful results.
Starting her career in Singapore as a marketing practitioner, Dr Guo worked across manufacturing, entertainment and education industries. She was the Chief Representative in China for a Singapore listed company. She was also responsible for setting up Shanghai Office and promoting executive education programmes for NUS Business School in Greater China market.
With the aspiration of bridging the gap between research and practice, Dr Guo pursued her PhD in the UK, where she worked on large-scale research projects with Cambridge University Service Alliance, BAE Systems and China Mobile.
Dr Guo returned to Singapore and joined NUS as a faculty member in 2011. She has particular experience in tackling complex challenges through applied research and education. She was the Principal Investigator for a series of research projects to inform better public transport policy decisions. She consults local and overseas corporate clients on data analytics, user experience design and service innovation. Dr Guo teaches executive programmes of Data Analytics and Design Thinking at NUS. She has a passion for engaging and inspiring working professionals at all levels by applying the theory to real world business applications.
Dr Guo holds a PhD in Marketing from University of Exeter, an MBA from University of Adelaide and a BA in Literature from Beijing Normal University.