Our objective is to focus on the practical application of modern business management techniques, that are inspired by industry leading best-practices including (but not limited to): Lean Startup, Lean Change, Management 3.0, Programme Management, Systems Thinking and Neuroscience.
An agile business is one that can respond rapidly to changes in the internal and external environment without losing momentum or vision.
This is enabled through a new organisational model that is built around self-organising, crossfunctional teams who are empowered to manage products, or services throughout their complete lifecycle.
With the right level of empowerment and support, these teams can dramatically reduce the lead time to value, increase customer satisfaction and drive positive change upon revenue and profitability.
Upon deciding to be "more agile" a business will typically ask what do we do next? The path towards business agility requires more than simply forming a team of functional experts from within the organisation.
We need to empower each cross-functional team under a new set of business rules that enables them to "be agile" every day.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Form, or work within a high-performing cross-functional team.
- Develop practical competencies in a wide-range of business agility techniques and be able to:
- Describe the 7 Principles of Business Agility
- How to create a realistic, compelling and motivational vision statement
- How to create a set of supporting agile team values
- How agile business leaders can empower cross-functional teams
- How to perform rapid planning and prioritisation
How to move from lengthy and inflexible plans to visual canvases
- How to analyse and manage change using lean methods
- How to design and conduct business change experiments
- How to understand your own strengths and weaknesses
- How to identify where the team has skills gaps and/or skill overlaps
- How to analyse and manage group dynamics
- Describe the Critical Success Factors that the organisation needs to implement for Business Agility to be successful
What do I get?
In addition to the hands-on, interactive workshop, all participants will receive:
- Business Agility case study and workbook
- Book on Lean Change Management
- Access to the Lean Change Agent Network
Participants who successfully pass the workshop exercises will be officially certified as a Lean Change Agent by LeanChange.org
Is this another methodology?
No, this is not a new methodology, framework or an overview of the programme. It is a practical, competency-based workshop that has been designed around a real-life case study. There are no textbooks to read, and no homework in the evenings. There is no examination. Just like in real-life, you will "pass" by being able to apply the skills you have learnt to solve real-world business problems.
1. Why Do We Need Business Agility?
- The importance of cross-functional teams
- The Roles, Principles and Practices of Business Agility
2. Principle 1: Realise a Shared Vision
- The importance of the Product Vision
- Good/Bad Visions
- Co-creating a Product Vision
- Demonstrating organisation alignment
3. Principle 2: Maximise Autonomy
- Capturing requirements
- Rapid sizing techniques
- Value-based prioritisation
4. Principle 3: Release Value Quickly
- Basic Kanban
- Work in Progress Limits
- Kanban for Build and Run
5. Principle 4: Minimise Waste
- Value Stream Mapping
- Identifying non-value adding activities
- Identifying bottlenecks to flow
- Measuring the waste caused by context-switching
6. Principle 5: Use Data to Drive Decisions
- Lean Change Management Cycle
- Gathering insights
- Analysing options
- Creating and conducting product experiments
- Analysing the results to drive further insights
7. Principle 6: Continually Develop Competencies
- T-Shaped Skills
- Square-shaped teams
- The importance of psychological safety
8. Principle 7: Learn and Have Fun Together
- Team dynamics
- Agile retrospectives
- Case Studies from companies going through business agility transformations
There are no formal pre-requisites for this programme. However at least 3 years of working experience would be beneficial.
Who Should Attend
Executives who seek to apply business agility principles and practices in an organisation.
Sponsors, Champions, Directors, Managers and team members responsible for designing and delivering business transformation.
Mode of Training