As the world of work becomes increasingly complex, organisations and leaders are called upon to deliver more innovative products and services on a more frequent basis, while keeping the company’s culture dynamic and gratifying.
Certified Agile Leadership is an introductory, educational course that consists of in-depth leadership development learning objectives across five categories. The goal of Certified Agile Leadership is to bring awareness of agile leadership thinking, focus, and behaviours, as well as to start (or meet where they are) the agile leader on their learning journey.
At the end of the course, participants will learn about:
- Overview of the agile movement
- Leadership in the agile context
- Agile organisations
- Managing change in the transition to agility
- Leveraging deep learning
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe at least three economic or market factors that have led to the rise of agile approaches
- Describe at least three characteristics of a high-performing team and how these characteristics relate to agile thinking
- Describe at least three key mindset shifts required to effectively lead in an agile context
- Explain at least one leadership development framework that is aligned with agile thinking
- Identify at least three challenges an organization might face when undertaking an agile approach beyond a single team
- Describe an agile organization as a human system where change is always present and dynamic leadership is required to catalyze that change for positive growth
- Reflect on at least one case study of an agile transformation and critique how it approached change in an agile way
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Certified Agile Leadership I credential from Scrum Alliance and Certificate of Completion from NUS SCALE.
- Economic and market factors
- Historical management trends
- Tipping point for complexity and uncertainty
- Relating agile to the current context
- Influencing factors of organisational culture
- Identifying current challenges beyond single teams
- Agile leadership concepts
- Agile leadership practices
- Cultivating better ideas
- Leveraging diversity
- Coaching skills
- Ways to improve leadership agility
- Significance of organisational purpose
- Study an organisation with high agility
- Agile approaches for increasing agility
- Open leadership principles and practices
- Contributing factors and characteristics of high performance
- Case study of an agile transformation and a critique of how change is approached with agility
- Benefits of improving leadership agility
- Organisational metrics
Minimum 5 years of working experience
Who Should Attend
Managers, Executives, Leaders, Aspiring Leaders
Mode of Training
On-campus or Online (Live)
MR. STUART TURNER
Stuart Turner is an international keynote speaker, having spoken at numerous international conferences, the largest being a plenary session for 1,100 delegates at the Global Scrum Gathering in Orlando, USA, 2016.
He has incredible passion for increasing the vitality of workplaces and creating the conditions for people to be highly effective and fulfilled. Much research shows such workplaces are typically much more financially successful than those mostly focussed on profit, so Stuart believes all work will eventually be performed in such environments. He's just helping people and organisations achieve the benefits sooner.
Stuart’s been producing complex products for thirty years, and using agile approaches and coaching organisational innovation for almost twenty. He’s lived over a quarter of his life in many different countries and cultures around the globe.
Joining the Agile Community when arriving in Singapore, Stuart founded the Agile Singapore Conference in 2013, then organised and presented in 2014. Stuart is featured in the Singapore edition of Who Is Agile? (https://leanpub.com/whoisagileinsingapore).
Stuart is a guide-level partner with Scrum Alliance, the largest and most respected certification body for Agile and Scrum. As a Certified Agile Leadership Educator he works with senior leadership teams on strategic and holistic approaches to improving agility and resilience in an ever more rapidly changing world.
He also maintains his status as a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®), Certified Enterprise Coach® (CEC®), and Certified Team Coach (CTC®), able to certify people as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CSPO) and onto the progressively advanced certifications for each role.
Stuart is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach® (CPCC) with CTI and an ACC with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). ICF is the most recognised professional coaching standard, globally. He is a partner with Open Leadership Network.com, and both an OpenSpace Agility Trainer and a contributor to the OpenSpace Agility framework.