This certification focuses on the core components of agile project management as distinct from traditional project management, and equips course participants with strategies and techniques for successful Lean and Agile project implementation. A servant leadership mindset and approach is critical to empowering agile teams to produce results. Participants will practise the role of an agile project manager as a facilitator of agile practices towards achieving desired outcomes. This certification also takes an in-depth look at the fundamental agile concepts of adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery in dynamic and highly constrained environments. In addition, the learning outcomes address agile approaches to standard project management processes such as metrics, reporting, and contract management.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• The background and the driving forces for taking an agile approach to software and solution development
• The core practices and philosophies behind a number of specific agile methodologies
• How to apply a number of tools and techniques to develop the project community, from structuring and coordinating self-organising teams to ensuring continuous feedback across all layers of the organisation
• How to use agile techniques to plan, track and monitor agile projects, programmes and portfolios
• The importance of value-driven delivery and continuous customer and user feedback in increasing team effectiveness
• How to apply a variety of Agile tools and techniques to provide a guidance and decision making framework for self-organising Agile teams to ensure their continuous alignment with organisational goals
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded the ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Project Management certification from ICAgile and a Certificate of Completion from NUS SCALE.
- An overview of agile manifesto, principles, practices and methods
- Business value, tools, communication management and stakeholder management and engagement
- High performance team, continuous improvement
- Persona and value stream mapping
- Agile adoption practices and simulation activities
- Being Agile
- Project vision and creating a project vision board
- Product roadmap and release plan
- Value-based analysis, customer value prioritisation and relative prioritisation
- Key project performance indicators and metrics
- Soft skills of a project manager
- Risk mitigation strategies
- Conflict resolution approaches
- Emotional intelligence
- Adaptive leadership
- Problem detection and resolution
Who Should Attend
- Traditional Project Managers making the transition to agile environments, and agile team members interested in taking on servant leadership roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Product Managers
- Anyone who interested in agile project management
Mode of Training
On-campus or Online (Live)
Mr Ritesh Mehrotra
Ritesh Mehrotra is an enterprise agile coach and software consultant with over 16 years of experience across multiple business domains including Banking, Finance, Insurance and aviation. Through his work over the years he has accumulated rich hands-on knowledge on complex product design, development and management apart from coaching and training teams across organizations on agile ways of working.
With a background in software development, he works routinely with development teams on improving engineering practices, business collaboration and customer experience through focused product development and delivery. His coaching engagements are focused on enabling leadership, product management and stakeholders to identify, exploit and elevate constraints that restrain organizational capability to maximize benefits.
Apart from being an ICAgile authorized instructor for agile foundations (ICP), coaching (ATF) and product management (APM) streams, he is also a Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Developer (CSD).
Mr Steve Peacocke
Steve Peacocke has a background that spans 30+ years successfully consulting to organisations on corporate change and has significant experience leading teams from Senior Developer through Development Manager, Program Manager, then as on to CIO and COO for 300+ reports and now as CEO and lead trainer for DragonsArm.
A Certified ScrumMaster, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, and certified ICAgile trainer and member organisation, Steve brings significant real-life experience to his training.
From lecturing in first-year university subjects in the '90s and early 2000s on technical and business, through to full-time training in Business Systems Analysis and as an ICAgile certified trainer. Steve is a very experienced trainer working with teams in New Zealand, Australia, Saudi Arabia, and the USA. From a multi-cultural family that includes English/Irish, Chinese, and Indian family members, Steve has always worked with cross-cultural and distributed teams.