The Advanced programme includes change management modules to provide participants with the knowledge and tools to lead and communicate change, as well as to analyse and develop effective intervention throughout the various project phases. The blended learning approach includes webinars, practice-oriented workshops, interactive lectures, and personalised mentor sessions with our expert, using real-life projects from the work place.
The programme employs interactive, web-based eLearning, accessible across desktop and
mobile platforms. This provides participants with the time flexibility of being able to decide
when and where they want to complete their modules, as well as providing a broader, richer
At the end of the course, participants will learn:
- How to define, design and execute DMAIC projects.
- How to apply Lean concepts such as 5S, waste reduction, mistake proofing and value stream mapping.
- How to formulate basic statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- To apply DMAIC to solve business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- How to effectively manage team dynamics and recognise how to work with leadership.
- How to prepare and present project reports and presentations to instructors, peers and management.
The 5 WHYS of NUS SCALE Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Certification
- Enables you to lead successful initiatives and grow your teams and your business
- Gives you the skills, tools and title in applying LSS to your business
- Helps you to build your capabilities, deliver results and optimise improvements with dedication
- Learn from the top educators in the industry, who are also on-the-ground LSS leaders, so they know what it takes to succeed
- Our reputable partner, Lean Methods Group, is a leading LSS course provider accredited by IACET and the International Association for Six Sigma Certification Learning Outcomes
- Improving cash flow for business growth
- Understand management trade-offs in short-term and long-term profitability
- Risk management and risk mitigation versus costs
- Alternative modes of financing for overseas expansion
Basic statistical knowledge
Who Should Attend
- Managerial, Non-supervisory, Supervisory, PME
- Senior executives looking for an in-depth understanding of Lean Six Sigma.
- Professionals, managers and executives who will lead improvement projects, sponsoring change projects and initiatives.
- Professionals looking to build competencies for process improvement or a consultancy career.
Participants will be awarded with NUS SCALE-Lean Methods Group Lean Six Sigma Advanced (Green Belt) Certificate of Completion, upon passing the online examination and successful completion of a Work Improvement Project.
98 hours eLearning, 6 hours online examination, 2-Day workshop, 2 hours Online Project Coaching, 1 completed and approved project
Mode of Training
Note to Participants
Minitab 18 will be introduced as part of the Lean Six Sigma Advanced (Green Belt), Lean Six Sigma Expert (Black Belt) and Lean Six Sigma Advanced to Expert (Black Belt) programme as the software may be useful in facilitating the project work required. A free 30-day trial of the Minitab software can be downloaded at this link: Minitab 18 Download.
About our partner
Lean Methods Group is a consulting firm focusing on Strategy, Innovation, Performance Excellence and Change Management. Working with clients across various industries, Lean Methods Group has developed a broad range of training with real-world application that is globally recognised and accredited. Underpinning everything entered into by Lean Methods Group are skills forged as a Lean Six Sigma leader. Together with NUS SCALE, our certification meets the highest standards and is recognised by the International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC).
Celine Loh is a senior leader with
strengths in continuous improvement, business development, strategic
growth and strong P&L performance. Starting with a foundation at GE,
Celine’s career has progressed from tactical to strategic supply chain
roles, onto client-facing and business development responsibilities, and
finally to senior leadership roles with full P&L accountability. In
her last position, Celine was hand-picked to be one of 15 in a Junior
Leadership Committee reporting into the CEO and senior leadership team.
The team served as an innovative think tank and glue for a
decentralized, large privately owned European company. With a core
strength in problem solving, Celine excels at understanding complex
operational details, analyzing business risks and quickly driving
pragmatic solutions—all while concurrently managing stakeholders. Having
lived and worked in China, the US and Singapore, coupled with extensive
travel throughout Europe and Asia, Celine brings a high level of
cultural awareness to managing different environments and stakeholders.
She is passionate about partnering with clients to lead people-driven
Mark Back is a results-oriented
professional who is skilled in developing and deploying
process improvement and strategic initiatives in global businesses. With
over 20 years of
experience across a multitude of industries, he has utilized his
expertise to impact the
financial success of companies throughout North America, Asia-Pacific,
India, Greater China
the Middle East and Africa. Mark has developed a reputation of helping
more profitable and robust by identifying opportunities and developing
projects that lead to sustainable improvements. He has a natural ability
to work with key
decision-makers and employees at all levels. An exceptional instructor
and facilitator, Mark engages and challenges business teams to develop
innovative solutions that enhance profit
Note: Course will be taught by one of the above instructors