1. What are the job roles that the (SCTP) NUS Digital Transformation Programme is training me for?
This programme is preparing talented professionals to take up job roles such as Digital Operations Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to help enterprises embark on their digital transformation journey.
2. How do I apply? Do you have an application form?
a. You may use this link to register your interest for the (SCTP) NUS Data Analytics Programme.
b. Your application will be reviewed by our faculty as we want to ensure that you have the pre-requisites to succeed in the programme. Suitable candidates will receive a programme offer through email.
c. When you receive the offer email with the programme registration details, please proceed to self-register as your placement in the programme will only be confirmed with your registration.
3. Do I need to have an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree?
No, the programme requires at least a polytechnic diploma (or equivalent) and 5 years of managerial experience.
4. What are the supporting documents required to be submitted by trainees during course application?
Trainees will be required to furnish their personal particulars and contact details, resume with recent photo, relevant certificates, as well as any other documents requested for assessing their suitabilities for the respective SCTP courses.
5. Do I have to pay for the SCTP? If yes, how much are the course fees and funding available?
Yes, please refer to the "Fees and Fundings" table under the respective SCTP courses.
Eligible trainees will receive baseline funding of up to 70% of course fees, while eligible Singapore Citizen trainees aged 40 years and above will receive enhanced funding of up to 90% of course fees under the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES). Trainees can also use the SkillsFuture Credit and Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) to offset the out-of-pocket course fees.
6. When do I have to pay the training fees?
The nett fees are to be paid upfront before the commencement of the training.
7. Can I use SkillsFuture Credit to pay for the training? What if I do not have sufficient credits?
Trainees can use the SkillsFuture Credit and Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) to offset the out-of-pocket course fees.
8. What if I do not meet the minimum attendance requirement, fail the programme or drop out of the programme midway? Will I be penalised or required to refund the course fee subsidy?
Trainees are encouraged to complete all modules under a SCTP to fully benefit from the intent of the programme. Similar to existing requirements for other training grants administered by SSG, trainees must fulfill minimum attendance requirements and pass the assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements, or exit the programme without a valid reason, may be asked to return the course fee subsidy that they have received.
9. Will the (SCTP) NUS Programmes count towards any NUS undergraduate or post-graduate degree?
No, they are non-credit bearing and cannot count towards any NUS undergraduate or post-graduate degree.
10. Will existing trainees under other programmes be allowed to join the (SCTP) NUS Programmes?
As the (SCTP) NUS Programmes are intensive training programmes, existing trainees and jobseekers should not apply if they are unable to commit to the training conducted over a duration of 3 to 6 months.
11. Why is there no training allowance for the (SCTP) NUS Programmes, unlike the previous programmes such as SGUnited Skills Programme (SGUS) and SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme – Company Training (SGUP-CT)?
As per the FAQs listed on SSG’s SCTP website:
"Training allowance was provided under the SGUS and SGUP-CT programmes on exceptional basis to provide basic sustenance support due to the unprecedented disruptions brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a steady-state programme, the funding for the SCTP is aligned to SSG’s prevailing funding model for its other training programmes. Hence, like most other SSG-funded programmes, no training allowance will be provided for the SCTP.
SSG will ensure that SCTP course fees remain affordable. Individuals can use their SkillsFuture Credit to defray the out-of-pocket costs of training."
12. Will NUS help me to find a job?
NUS will provide career advisory and assistance as part of the training and connect trainees to government agencies and relevant employers to help them in their job search. However, NUS cannot guarantee job placement at the end of the programme even though it will make the utmost effort to support trainees in their job search.
13. Will SSG allow trainees, who did not manage to find a job after completing a course, to take up another course under the SCTP?
Yes, trainees who did not manage to find a job after completing the SCTP course will be allowed to take another SCTP course. However, the trainees will be subjected to the training provider’s assessment on their suitability for the SCTP course. Hence, trainees are strongly encouraged to select SCTP courses based on their career development needs and the aim of securing gainful employment.
14. Can I drop out halfway if I find a job? Will I be penalised?
As per the FAQs listed on SSG’s SCTP website:
"Trainees are encouraged to complete all modules under a SCTP to fully benefit from the intent of the programme. Similar to existing requirements for other training grants administered by SSG, trainees must fulfill minimum attendance requirements and pass the assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements, or exit the programme without a valid reason, may be asked to return the course fee subsidy that they have received, including any additional course fee funding support.”