Nowadays, Blockchain is a buzzword in a diverse set of businesses including, but not limited to, banking, social services, insurance, government, supply chain, and media, which are all interested in the way this distributed database facilitates reliable, online exchange of values.
It is claimed that Blockchain is a trustworthy, fast, and transparent database system, that underpins cryptocurrencies such as BitCoin, and inspires similar but more controllable distributed ledgers (DL).
Therefore, understanding the definition, concepts, applications, advantages, and disadvantages of those three related terms would be of importance for businesses now, and will be an urgent need in the near future.
Different analysis suggest that Blockchain-based operations will increase in many businesses during the 2020s, therefore, understanding and mastering Blockchain will be a necessary skill set for managers and technical staff.
The subject is new, innovative, and technically complicated, while shrouded in myth and beliefs, which this course will comprehensively address.
The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to:
• Acquire the concepts of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledger and apply them in their businesses
• Understand the possible advantages of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledger while considering their applications to the businesses
• Design a viable implementation of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledger with regards to their business environment
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the concepts of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledgers
• Understand the diverse applications of Blockchain technology
• Differentiate between the application of Blockchain and distributed ledgers
• Identify the risks and hazards of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledgers, including security, economic, and social
• Apply the concepts of Blockchain, and distributed ledgers to their business contexts
• Describe how digital currencies (e.g. BitCoin) work
• Understand the impacts of digital currencies and smart contracts on the economy
• Predict the future trends of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledgers
• Distributed Ledgers
• Digital Currencies
Knowledge in using Internet and basic level of Excel.
Who Should Attend
Mid-level and Senior Managers, Advisory Staff, CEOs, Entrepreneurs who are interested in the digital economy.
Mode of Training
On-campus or Online (Live)
Dr. Amirhassan Monajemi
Amirhassan Monajemi is a Senior Lecturer in AI and Data Science with the School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Before joining the NUS, he was with the Faculty of Computer Engineering, University of Isfahan, Iran, where he was serving as a professor of AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science. He was born in 1968 in Isfahan, Iran. He studied towards BSc and MSc in Computer Engineering at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), and Shiraz University respectively. He got his PhD in computer engineering, pattern recognition and image processing, from the University of Bristol, Bristol, England, in 2005.
He has taught computer science and engineering courses since 2005 in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He was awarded the best university teacher of the province in 2012. He also has studied Learning Management Systems, E-Learning, and E-Learning for workplaces since 2007.
Dr. Monajemi has registered three patents in the fields of computer science and engineering applications, including an AI and machine vision-based driver drowsiness system and a low power consuming spherical robot. He also has published more than a hundred research papers in peer-reviewed, indexed journals and international conferences (IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, and so on), and supervised several industrial projects in various scales, including Isfahan intelligent traffic system delivery and testing, and red light runners detection. He is experienced in different sub-domains of Information Technology from theory to practice. After the emergence of new digital/cryptocurrencies technology and the rapid growth of the BitCoin market, he started investigation that new topic. He was an active member of the Internal Advisory Committee to revise the applications and studies of Blockchain and BitCoin.