This is a course designed for business executives so that you will understand the fundamentals of Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and evaluate how it can be applied to your organisation to improve efficiency or create new business models.
You will learn the key concepts of Blockchain & DLT, its challenges and opportunities and how to evaluate whether it is a suitable solution for the problem at hand. The course also covers real-life use cases, illustrates the major enterprise Blockchain & DLT platforms and includes a hands-on session on cryptocurrency to better understand how the underlying technology works.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and components of Blockchain & DLT
- Illustrate the opportunities, challenges and trends of Blockchain & DLT for Enterprise
- Understand the security, privacy and scalability concerns of Blockchain & DLT platforms
- Demonstrate the ability to receive, send and secure digital assets
- Evaluate the suitability of Blockchain & DLT to solve real-world business problems
- Origin of Blockchain & DLT
- How Blockchain & DLT works
- Blockchain use cases
- Hands-on Session
- Enterprise Blockchain
- Blockchain technology platforms
- Group project on Enterprise Blockchain
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course. However at least 3 years of working experience would be beneficial.
Who Should Attend
Business owners, Team leaders, managers, department heads, senior executives
Mode of Training
Chia Hock Lai
Chia Hock Lai is the CEO of Switchnovate, a FinTech consultancy firm that provides financial blockchain solutions, and has close to 2 decades of experience in the financial and technology industry. He has previously worked in organisations like Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) and NTUC Income. He is also an alumnus of the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Besides being the founding president of the Singapore FinTech Association and chairman of the Token Economy Association, he is also a Fellow of the Singapore University of Social Science, member of the IBF Technology & Operations (T&O) Industry Workgroup, member of the Banking & Finance and Fund Industry panel of Nanyang Polytechnic, and advisor to start-ups. He also speaks frequently on topics like FinTech and Blockchain at industry events and universities.