The NUS Master of Science (MSc) in Industry 4.0 is an interdisciplinary graduate degree programme to help you keep pace with the changing nature of industries amid technological disruptions, and lead transformation to enhance productivity in the workplace.
It boasts a curriculum where learning takes place both inside the classroom and out in the industry, tapping on the deep expertise of five NUS academic units in areas pertinent to Industry 4.0:
The curriculum is also specifically designed in accordance with the Singapore Economic Development Board’s (EDB) Singapore Smart Industry Readiness Index to further aid companies in transforming their capabilities through their human capital, and support Singapore’s drive towards becoming a Smart Nation.
The NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 is offered on both a full-time and part-time basis.
To apply for admission to the NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 programme, applicants should possess a bachelor's degree - preferably with Honours - in Science, Engineering, Computing, Analytics or equivalent disciplines, and knowledge of programming (Applicants may be required to complete a programming course to demonstrate their programming competency on a case-by-case basis).
For applicants whose medium of university instruction is not English, they are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by possessing a minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 85 (Internet-based) and a minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic score of 6.0.
Students are likely to take between 12 and 18 months to complete the programme if they enrol on a full-time basis, or between 18 and 36 months on a part-time basis.
The NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 is a 40-modular credit (MC) programme that comprises three components:
- Four core modules that are unique to this programme (16 MCs)
- Each module consists of a 130-hour workload with pre-class readings, assignments, tests and/or projects, and face-to-face classes.
- The duration of each semester is likely to stretch across 13 weeks, or a series of short courses that take up at least five full days
- One graduate certificate, along with additional elective modules (20 MCs)
- Final-year Industry Application Project with supervision from relevant NUS academic unit (4 MCs)
- This capstone project is meant to help students apply what they have learnt to companies in areas of operations concerning Industry 4.0.
- Working in teams and in consultation with the relevant NUS academic unit, students would develop a prototype solution based on an implemented project in a company, craft a report about it and then present it for evaluation at the end of the module.
Click here for information on Core Modules, Graduate Certificates and Elective Modules
Admissions Intake & Application Period
Next admissions intake: August 2020
Application is open from 01 November 2019 to 31 March 2020
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as we will be scheduling interviews and making offers on a rolling basis.
FULL TUITION FEES
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs may be charged lower tuition fees.
• There is an application fee of $50.
• Apart from tuition fees, there is a Student Services Fee (as published by NUS Registrar’s Office) payable every regular semester.
• Admissions to the programme is granted on a competitive basis as places in the programme are limited. A non-refundable and non-transferable acceptance fee of S$5,000 - which will be credited towards your tuition fees - is payable upon acceptance of offer.
• All fees quoted here are exclusive of prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated. The University reserves all rights to review fees as necessary and adjust accordingly without prior notice.
For enquiries, please contact us here.