Applications for August 2020 intake is closed. Stay tuned for the next application period for August 2021 intake.
The NUS Master of Science (MSc) in Industry 4.0 is an interdisciplinary graduate degree programme to help you keep pace with the changing nature of industries amid technological disruptions, and lead transformation to enhance productivity in the workplace.
It boasts a curriculum where learning takes place both inside the classroom and out in the industry, tapping on the deep expertise of five NUS academic units in areas pertinent to Industry 4.0:
The curriculum is also specifically designed in accordance with the Singapore Economic Development Board’s (EDB) Singapore Smart Industry Readiness Index to further aid companies in transforming their capabilities through their human capital, and support Singapore’s drive towards becoming a Smart Nation.
The NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 is offered on both a full-time and part-time basis.
To apply for admission to the NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 programme, applicants should possess a bachelor's degree - preferably with Honours - in Science, Engineering, Computing, Analytics or equivalent disciplines, and knowledge of programming (Applicants may be required to complete a programming course to demonstrate their programming competency on a case-by-case basis).
For applicants whose medium of university instruction is not English, they are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by possessing a minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 85 (Internet-based) and a minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic score of 6.0.
Students are likely to take between 12 and 18 months to complete the programme if they enrol on a full-time basis, or between 18 and 36 months on a part-time basis.
The NUS MSc in Industry 4.0 is a 40-modular credit (MC) programme that comprises three components:
- Four core modules that are unique to this programme (16 MCs)
- Each module consists of a 130-hour workload with pre-class readings, assignments, tests and/or projects, and face-to-face classes.
- The duration of each semester is likely to stretch across 13 weeks, or a series of short courses that take up at least five full days
- One graduate certificate, along with additional elective modules (20 MCs). Please refer to the graduate certificate awarding faculty for the completion requirements.
- Final-year Industry Application Project with supervision from relevant NUS academic unit (4 MCs)
- This capstone project is meant to help students apply what they have learnt to companies in areas of operations concerning Industry 4.0.
- Working in teams and in consultation with the relevant NUS academic unit, students would develop a prototype solution based on an implemented project in a company, craft a report about it and then present it for evaluation at the end of the module.
To graduate from the MSc (Industry 4.0) programme, students are required to:
- Complete 20 MCs of Core modules and 20 MCs of Elective modules and;
- Complete one Graduate Certificate (Refer to the awarding faculty for the completion requirements) and;
- Maintain a minimum Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of 3.0 (maximum out of 5.0).
Click here for information on Core Modules, Graduate Certificates and Elective Modules
Intake & Application Period
Next intake: August 2020
Category of Applicants
01 November 2019 to 31 March 2020 Closed
NUS undergraduate students graduating in Semester 1 and 2 AY2019/2020
(only Singapore Citizens/Singapore Permanent Residents)
08 June 2020 to 23 June 2020
Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview. Offers for admission are made on a rolling basis.
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs may enjoy tuition fee subsidies.
• There is an application fee of $50.
• Apart from tuition fees, there is a Student Services Fee (as published by NUS Registrar’s Office) payable every regular semester.
• Admission to the programme is granted on a competitive basis as places in the programme are limited. A non-refundable and non-transferable acceptance fee of S$5,000 - which will be credited towards your tuition fees - is payable upon acceptance of offer.
• All fees quoted here are exclusive of prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated. The University reserves all rights to review fees as necessary and adjust accordingly without prior notice.
For enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.