The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Laws (LLM) is offered by the NUS Faculty of Law.
By joining one of our Master of Laws degree (LLM) programmes, students will be part of a global conversation about the study and practise of law, taught by experts in the field and sitting beside future leaders of the profession.
Students may opt from the outset to:
- Pursue an LLM degree with no specialisation (which affords maximum flexibility in course selection according to students’ individual preferences and interests), by taking any 40–44 credits of modules, or
- Obtain a specialisation (which will be indicated on their degree scrolls) by completing the number of credits and compulsory module(s) as part of the requirement of the specialist LLM.
Kindly refer to the respective web pages below for further information:
Why This Programme?
Be part of the top law school in Asia, and 10th in the world*.
Choose from a comprehensive range of specialisations (and more than 120 electives) in areas such as Corporate & Financial Services Law, Intellectual Property & Technology Law and International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution, taught by more than 70 full-time faculty members and over two dozen adjunct faculty members.
Gain a global perspective, and increase the richness of your academic experience at NUS Law through the sharing and intensive three-week elective modules offered by visiting professors from some of the top universities in the world, including Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, the London School of Economics and Political Science, Melbourne, Seoul National University and University of Hong Kong among many others.
* QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
An Academic Year (AY) at NUS consists of two semesters and a special term (which occurs during the Semester 2 Vacation, and is divided into two parts of six weeks duration each):
- Semester 1: Aug–Dec
- Semester 2: Jan–May
- Special Term (Part 1): May–Jun
- Special Term (Part 2): Jun–Jul
Note: There is no special term for the LLM programme.
For the LLM programme, there is one application period for each AY:
- LLM (Asian Legal Studies)
- LLM (Corporate & Financial Services Law)
- LLM (International & Comparative Law)
- LLM (Intellectual Property & Technology Law)
- LLM (International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution)
- LLM (Maritime Law)
- LLM (International Business Law)
- LLM (General)
15 Sep to 15 Nov of year preceding the intake year