The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Science (Computer Engineering), also known as MSc (Computer Engineering), is offered by the NUS College of Design and Engineering.
The MSc (Computer Engineering) programme aims to provide students with in-depth knowledge and excellent hands-on skills involving design and implementation of hardware, firmware, and software. The programme is designed for students who wish to pursue specialised areas in computer engineering, researchers and technical personnel working in related industries, those who aspire to align themselves towards digitalisation efforts in Singapore, and those who wish to transform their business strategies onto digital platforms.
The programme curriculum is designed to prepare graduates to:
- Apply the knowledge and skill sets required to excel in the digital era
- Adopt a systems-based approach to design, develop, implement, and innovate both distributed and integrated computing systems, taking into account a range of considerations including digital technology, information processing, energy and resources, as well as societal and environmental factors
- Recognise the continuous need to develop skills and knowledge to embrace changes in society and the profession
- Be adept in contributing towards the nation’s digitalisation efforts and the need for skilled manpower in computer engineering
The programme provides two distinct pathways for students to choose from:
- General non-specialised, or
- Specialised in one of three areas:
- Digitalisation and Communication Technologies
- Computing Hardware Infrastructure
- Machine Intelligence and Applications
The different pathways/specialisations can be chosen at the time of application to the programme. The applications will be evaluated on the same ground. Once admitted, students have the freedom to opt in or out of different pathways/specialisations.
Why This Programme?
- Be assured of a quality education from the university whose Computer Science and Engineering courses have been ranked top in Asia and top ten across the world.*
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering through a multi-disciplinary programme designed to equip graduates with a combination of hardware and software expertise.
- Choose to get hands-on with industry-relevant experiences or delve into cutting-edge innovations with the latest research—or do both—through one or more computer engineering project(s)**.
* Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 by Subject
** Optional for General Track; compulsory for Specialisation Track
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
An Academic Year (AY) at NUS consists of two semesters and a special term (which occurs during the Semester 2 Vacation, and is divided into two parts of six weeks duration each):
- Semester 1: Aug–Dec
- Semester 2: Jan–May
- Special Term (Part 1): May–Jun
- Special Term (Part 2): Jun–Jul
For the MSc (Computer Engineering) programme, there are two application periods for each AY:
MSc (Computer Engineering)
|Dec of year preceding intake year to Mar of the intake year
MSc (Computer Engineering)
|Jul to Aug of year preceding intake year