The NUS Master of Science (MSc) in Venture Creation is the most immersive graduate degree programme that combines experiential learning with the academic rigour of Asia's top university. Designed to transform mindsets and accelerate translation of ideas into solutions, the programme targets aspiring entrepreneurs wanting to launch new ventures with success by providing mentorship in business development and access to NUS technologies, as well as opportunities to network for market access.
The programme was previously marketed as the Master of Science (MSc) in Entrepreneurship.
Deep dive into entrepreneurship
Our core modules give you all the guidance, skillsets and opportunities you need to transform ideas into viable businesses.
Build a strong technical foundation
Harness the expertise of six academic departments to deepen your technical knowledge and skills through a range of elective modules.
Click here for information on Core Modules and Elective Modules
To graduate from the MSc (Venture Creation) programme, students are required to:
- Complete 28 MCs of Core modules and 12 MCs of Elective modules
- Maintain a minimum Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of 3.0 (maximum out of 5.0).
| July (2 weeks)
|| August to December
|| January to June
|Summer programme in entrepreneurship
A two-week programme that offers an immersive experience of entrepreneurship in Singapore and Southeast Asia, to educate and inspire, and to create opportunities to connect deeply with peers and with the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
|Experiential entrepreneurship internship
A semester-long-start-up internship experience. Work alongside co-founders of innovative start-ups, feel the energy and get into the action, figure out what it takes for a business to thrive, connect with like-minded people from the start-up community, and forge a network of friends and future partners.
New venture creation
With the goal of helping students understand the process, challenges, risks and rewards of starting up a new business, this module equips students with the tools to improve their chances of successfully starting their own businesses.
+ Elective modules
| Lean startup practicum
This module provide guidance and support to accelerate ideas into viable businesses. Through a step-by-step hands-on approach and mentorship, students will be empowered with the knowledge, skillsets and tools to bring their startups from ideation to fruition.
+ Elective modules
Intake & Application Period
|| Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
|Online Application Opens
||1 November 2020
|Online Application Closes
||31 January 2021
||28 February 2021
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably with Honours - from a recognised academic institution
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship and innovation, including demonstrated involvement in entrepreneurial activities
- Applicants whose medium of university instruction is not English are required to demonstrate
English proficiency by possessing either:
Do note that the TOEFL score or IELTS result is only valid for two years after the test, and the validity period should not expire before the beginning of the application period for the relevant intake.
- Your resume
- Complete or current transcripts and degree scroll
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable)
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs may enjoy tuition fee subsidies.
• There is an application fee of $50.
• Apart from tuition fees, there is a Student Services Fee (as published by NUS Registrar’s Office) payable every regular semester.
• Admissions to the programme is granted on a competitive basis as places in the programme are limited. A non-refundable and non-transferable acceptance fee of S$5,000 - which will be credited towards your tuition fees - is payable upon acceptance of offer.
• All fees quoted here are exclusive of prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated. The University reserves all rights to review fees as necessary and adjust accordingly without prior notice.
For enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.