The Mathematics Bridging Course is a short course covering topics in the GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics subject area. It is specially designed for individuals who have applied to any of the National University of Singapore (NUS) Bachelor of Technology in Computing (BTech in Computing) programmes.
The end-of-course Mathematics Test is required for BTech in Computing applicants who may need to be further assessed by the Admission Committee. Such applicants will be informed that they are required to sit for the Mathematics Test.
BTech in Computing applicants must take either the Course, or the Course with the Mathematics Test.
Both the Course and the Test are compulsory for:
- Applicants who are required to prove their competency in GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics, and
- Applicants who hold a two-and-a-half-year part-time local diploma.
Applicants offered admission into BTech in Computing programmes who wish to refresh their knowledge in the GCE 'O' Level Additional Mathematics subject area may also apply to join the Course by emailing email@example.com.
There is only one Unit in the Course, comprising a total of eight lectures and four tutorials, each of three hours' duration.
The end-of-course Test is designed to facilitate the assessment of an applicant’s potential to undertake undergraduate studies in BTech in Computing programmes.
The Test covers topics in the GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics subject area.
Upon completion of the Course and Test, the final result will be used as a consideration for admission selection purposes.
The Course will be offered only if there is a sufficient number of registrations to form a class.
All fees quoted on this page are exclusive of prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated. The University reserves all rights to review fees as necessary and adjust accordingly without prior notice.
Course attendance only:
S$535.00 (including 7% GST, before 1 Jan 2023)
S$540.00 (including 8% GST, with effect from 1 Jan 2023)
Course attendance with Mathematics test:
S$588.50 (including 7% GST, before 1 Jan 2023)
S$594.00 (including 8% GST, with effect from 1 Jan 2023)
• Non-refundable and non-transferable
- The deadline to register and make payment will be indicated in the payment portal accordingly.
- Teaching materials will be provided two days before the first lesson upon full payment of fee.
- Test details will be provided approximately five days before the test date upon full payment of fee
For Admission into Aug 2023 Intake
Mathematics Bridging Course
Every Tuesday and Thursday,
4 Apr 2023–27 Apr 2023,
8 Apr 2023–29 Apr 2023,
*Class on 22 Apr will be rescheduled to 21 Apr in lieu of Hari Raya
6 May 2023,
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Auditorium,
- Should there be more than one tutorial session available (i.e. morning and afternoon sessions), applicants will be informed via email after the closure of registration, to book their preferred session through a booking portal. Please note that the session that is chosen will apply to all four tutorials. For example, if you have chosen the morning session, all four tutorials will be in the morning and you will not be allowed to change/swap classes after the booking period is closed. There are limited seats available for each session, and these will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- There will be no make-up arrangement if the applicant is unable to sit for the Mathematics Test on the scheduled dates. Application will be considered as withdrawn if the applicant is unable to sit for the Test as required.
NUS reserves all rights to make changes to the lecture and tutorial sessions, as well as the dates and times of the Test.