The National University of Singapore (NUS) Bachelor of Technology (BTech) programmes are specially designed for polytechnic graduates working in the industry, and taught by highly-qualified faculty members in advanced teaching facilities at NUS.
Offered by NUS College of Design and Engineering in partnership with NUS School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE), the BTech in Engineering programmes are offered on a part-time basis and delivered via a modular structure. This allows students to study at their own pace, posing minimal disruption to their personal and work commitments.
The programmes allow students to choose from six different Engineering disciplines:
The following BTech programmes are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB) of the Institute of Engineers Singapore (IES):
- BTech (Chemical Engineering)
- BTech (Electronics Engineering)
- BTech (Industrial & Management Engineering)
- BTech (Mechanical Engineering)
BTech (Civil Engineering) has been provisionally accredited and full accreditation of this programme is expected by the year 2023.
BTech (Supply Chain Management) is not accredited.
Students who meet the requirements are eligible to graduate with Honours (for more information, refer to Degree Classification).
Why this Programme?
- Upgrade from a polytechnic Diploma to a Bachelor’s Degree for better career progression opportunities.
- Be assured of a high-quality education, with a programme recognised for the practice of engineering at the professional level.
- Study at an individualised pace with a flexible programme structure.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
An Academic Year (AY) at NUS consists of two semesters and a special term (which occurs during the Semester 2 Vacation):
- Semester 1: Aug — Dec
- Semester 2: Jan — May
- Special Term: May — Jul
For the BTech in Engineering programmes, there is ONE application period for each (AY):
Note: Programme(s) will only commence if the minimum intake size is met. An email will be sent to you at least three weeks before programme start date in the event that cancellation is necessary.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Industrial & Management Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
|Dec of preceding year to Jan of intake year