Some applicants who wish to be admitted into the BTech Engineering programme may need to be further assessed by the Admission Committee. Such applicants will be informed that they are required to sit for one or more entrance examination(s).
The BTech Engineering Bridging Units (BEBUs) course, which is mandatory for applicants who are part-time diploma holders, and the BTech Engineering Preparatory Units (BEPUs) course can help applicants better prepare for these examinations.
The BTech entrance examinations are designed to facilitate the assessment of an applicant’s potential to undertake undergraduate studies in an Engineering degree programme such as the BTech Programme.
Each examination focuses on a Unit, which covers a particular subject area:
- Introductory Engineering Mathematics
- Physical Principles in Engineering
- Discipline Unit:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Applicants may be required to sit for entrance examination(s) for Introductory Engineering Mathematics and/or the discipline Unit based on the BTech course that they have applied to join.
Kindly note that all fees quoted on this page are exclusive of prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated. The University reserves all rights to review fees as necessary and adjust accordingly without prior notice.
S$80.00 (excluding GST) / S$85.60 (including GST) per examination
- Non-fundable and non-transferable
- Applicants who have registered for the BEPUs or BEBUs do not need to pay the entrance examination fee, as it is included in the BEPUs and BEBUs course fees.
- The deadlines to register and make payment for the entrance examinations will be indicated in the payment portal accordingly.
- The examination details will be provided approximately five working days before the examination date upon full payment of fee.
For Admission into Jan 2023 Intake
||Entrance Examination Day & Date
||Entrance Examination Time
|Introductory Engineering Mathematics
||Sat, 24 Sep 2022
||9:30am to 12:00pm
||Sat, 29 Oct 2022
||10:00am to 12:00pm
|Physical Principles in Engineering
||Tue, 25 Oct 2022
||7:00pm to 9:00pm
- There will be no make-up arrangement if the applicant is unable to sit for the entrance examinations on the scheduled dates. Application will be considered as withdrawn if the applicant is unable to sit for the entrance examinations as required.
- NUS reserves all rights to make changes to the dates and times of the entrance examinations.